Kappa – A Dog Breeder Buy/Sell Listing Website
Kappa is a full stack web application built with Node, Express, and Postgres.
- Create the
.env.exampleas a reference:
cp .env.example .env
- Update the .env file with your correct local information
- Install dependencies:
- Fix to binaries for sass:
npm rebuild node-sass
- Reset database:
npm run db:reset
- Check the db folder to see what gets created and seeded in the SDB
- Run the server:
npm run local
- Note: nodemon is used, so you should not have to restart your server
Warnings & Tips
- Do not edit the
layout.cssfile directly, it is auto-generated by
- Split routes into their own resource-based file names, as demonstrated with
- Split database schema (table definitions) and seeds (inserts) into separate files, one per table. See
dbfolder for pre-populated examples.
- Use the
npm run db:resetcommand each time there is a change to the database schema or seeds.
- It runs through each of the files, in order, and executes them against the database.
- Note: you will lose all newly created (test) data each time this is run, since the schema files will tend to
DROPthe tables and recreate them.
- Node 10.x or above
- NPM 5.x or above
- PG 6.x